...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

In Loving Memory of a Colleague

I just recently lost my colleague to a road accident last Friday (27/8/2010). I received the shocking news by sms on Saturday noon and was too late to go to his funeral. This was a real shock to me and I know it will take a while for me get over this especially being in the office where I expect to see his smiling face around.


It seems that my dear friend, Prabu Saminathan was heading home on his motorbike that Friday. He left the office late at 7.30pm and crashed into a car that did not signal before it turned in front of him. He was thrown off his bike onto the other side of the road in front of an oncoming truck that rolled over him. It was just awful and tragic!


Prabu was a lovely gentleman! He was always smiling (his signature smile) and was always a happy soul. He was never upset or angry and and has never been rude or mean to anyone in my few years of working with him. The 15th of this month, September he would have been celebrating his 27th birthday. It really is sad to see someone wonderful taken away before he could experience marriage and children and so much more life has to offer him. I guess God wanted him by his side while we down here miss his presence so. The first day back at work after his passing was so hard for all of us in the office. The ladies were in tears and many of us could not bear to walk pass his table. Even now every once in a while the image of his happy smiling face would crop up in my mind and I would feel sad.

In a way we should reflect at how life fleets by. We do not know when it is our time to go and we should really live life to the fullest. I intend to spend as much time with friends and family as best I can from today onwards and try to grumble less about my shortcomings.

May you rest in peace Prabu Saminathan.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Moira,

    It was nice for you to write about Prabu - a very pleasant guy not only at work, but also at home.

    A GREAT LOSS FOR EVERYONE WHO KNOWS HIM!!!

    If only there is answer for everything!

    Just tell your colleagues in Montpelier that we are sorry that we could not retrieve Prabu's contact list from his phone as it was badly crushed - unfortunately, phone numbers were saved in his phone and none in sim card.

    May God bless his soul and keep him safe in his arms...

    /From: Susan (Prabu's sis-in-law)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan

    My sincere condolences for the loss to you and the rest of Prabu's family. I just had to write something about him for remembrance because he was truly a lovely person.

    By the way, how did you come about this blog?

    Moira

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure, he will be dearly missed... still can't seem to get over the fact that he is no longer with us... it all happened so fast.. ;(

    Anyway, I bump into your blog when I googled to find his facebook account...

    ReplyDelete