...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Football

I got to watch my eldest, Hazim play football yesterday evening. He has been going for football practice only a few times and his dad usually brings him there. So on my day off I told myself to make the effort to be there to see him play. There were many kids on the field from probably the age of 4 to teenagers around 15-18. All being trained at different levels. My son is at the beginner's level with a group adorable little fellas around his age. It was such a cute sight to see them chase the ball around.


Here is the picture of the group of kids warming up. Before this they ran around the field 2 rounds but my Hazim ran only 1 round and walked the other. I hope he will develop better stamina in the future to run the full 2 rounds. Hopefully he's more sportslike like his dad but if takes after me, I'm hopeless when it comes to sports.


Then after the warm up, the kids practiced going around cones and kicking the ball into the goal. Hazim got a bit distracted and soon a group of little boys were basically foot deep in a puddle of mud (Hmmm! Mud seems to be more fun to them). I was at the side of field wishing I could tell him to stop playing with the mud but then what fun would that be. Boys and mud, its just happiness through and through.

After that the kids were split into two teams and played against each other. Hazim opted to be the goalkeeper which I think was not a good idea. He was so bored since the game was more at the other goal than at his goal. He ended up playing with the cones, talking to the bigger boys playing behind him and when the game finally moved towards his end he actually called out to the players to "shoot the ball to me!". Shoot the ball to the goalie, I think my son has not grasped the concept that he was supposed to be defending the goal. Aargh! the antics of my child that bring that big smile to my face.



Here's my little footballer.

2 comments:

  1. Oh it's so funny when they start football. It was the same with my son, they get easily distracted and do whatever.. but it's cute isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is right! So easily distracted but adorable.

    ReplyDelete