...

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cab Driver

Last night I had to take a cab home after work. Normally my hubby fetches me but yesterday he had other things to do. So when I reached the LRT station I asked the bunch of cab drivers there if they could send me to my home. There are always a bunch of cab drivers that hang around the LRT station waiting for customers. Sometimes they are most willing to take you home but they will try their best to get more than one customer in their cab so as to be able to make more money along the way to the final destination. I have been turned down before and even had to wait for more customers before they were willing to take me home.


Anyhoo, this time I managed to get a ride almost straight away but I had to share it with one other person. The ride home was so dead quiet. The other passenger did not make conversation and I did not too. Cab driver I noticed seemed to have a facial tick. He was always rubbing his hair flat and moving his neck. After he dropped off the other passenger I asked him if he could drive me to the entrance of my block. He never replied...dead silence....weird! I was uncomfortable. As soon as we were at the entrance I asked him the price only to be asked back the price I normally pay. So I told him that I normally pay between Rm6-7. Then he replied weirdly with his facial tick and clearing his throat of a cough and I started freaking out. I passed him RM7 and told him to keep the change and quickly stepped out of the cab and rushed up the stairs. He honked me to come take my change but I just waved him off and continued to the lifts. It was just too uncomfortable dealing with him.

In the end of it all when it comes to cab drivers I definitely prefer the talkative ones than the quiet ones. Basically I believe this applies also to people I get along with...after all... as the saying goes....'Still water runs deep'.

1 comment: